Are you considering a personal loan in Singapore to give your home a fresh new look, indulge in a much-needed vacation, or consolidate your debts? You might be wondering, "How much can I loan from a moneylender?" Fear not! As one of Singapore's leading moneylending companies, we're here to walk you through the process of securing a loan from a licensed moneylender. In this article, we'll break down the essential factors that impact your loan eligibility and provide valuable insights on responsible borrowing.
Before diving into the specifics of how much you can borrow, it's crucial to grasp the factors that licensed moneylenders in Singapore take into account when evaluating your loan eligibility. These factors typically include:
1. Income: Your yearly income significantly influences your loan eligibility. Generally, individuals with higher incomes are considered more creditworthy and qualify for larger loans.
2. Credit Rating: Maintaining a solid credit score is vital for securing a loan. Moneylenders rely on credit ratings to determine your creditworthiness and ability to repay the loan.
3. Current Debts: Your ongoing financial obligations, such as credit card debts and other loans, affect the amount you can borrow. Moneylenders favor applicants with a lower debt-to-income ratio.
In Singapore, the Ministry of Law establishes the rules for the loan amounts that licensed moneylenders can provide. Depending on your annual income, here's a quick overview of the maximum loan amount you can expect:
If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, and your annual income is:
1. Less than $20,000, then your maximum loan amount is $3,000 across all moneylenders in Singapore.
2. At least $20,000, then your maximum loan amount is 6 times your monthly income across all moneylenders in Singapore.
If you are a foreigner residing in Singapore, and your annual income is:
1. Less than $10,000, then your maximum loan amount is $500 across all moneylenders in Singapore.
2. At least $10,000 and less than $20,000, then your maximum loan amount is $3,000 across all moneylenders in Singapore.
3. At least $20,000, then your maximum loan amount is 6 times your monthly income across all moneylenders in Singapore.
For more information on the moneylending guideline please click here.
While taking out a loan can be helpful for addressing immediate financial needs, it's essential to borrow responsibly. Keep these tips in mind to ensure you make smart financial decisions:
To find out more on how to borrow responsibly, check out our other helpful articles!
Take note of the factors that shape your loan eligibility and commit to responsible borrowing. If you're prepared to apply for a personal loan or would like more information about our financial services, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team at Uniqcash Pte. Ltd..